Graduate Degrees and Professional Training
We provide an unparalleled educational opportunity for individuals interested in obtaining a master's or doctoral degree emphasizing sensory analysis. While completing a degree, students will:
- Take classes in sensory analysis, consumer behavior, descriptive sensory analysis, statistics, marketing and psychology
- Assist or teach classes in sensory analysis, food science and/or nutrition
- Continually work on both consumer and descriptive sensory projects for some of the largest international companies
- Be eligible to obtain a three-month to one-year experience as an intern with a leading company. Previous students have had internships at companies such as Coors, S.C. Johnson, Nestle, M&M Mars, Unilever, Nabisco, Avon and PepsiCo.
A master's degree can usually be completed within two years, and a doctoral degree can usually be completed within three years (after M.S. degree).
Our Graduates have Great Opportunities for Successful Careers!
Financial Assistance may be Available
- Qualified students can receive a monthly graduate teaching and/or research assistant-ship that meets most living expenses.
- Graduate students in the program are eligible to receive additional fellowships and/or scholarships.
Admission to Kansas State University
- To see if you meet the graduate school requirements at Kansas State University, visit the Graduate School website.
- Contact Dr. Edgar Chambers IV, Dr. Delores H. Chambers, or Dr. Kadri Koppel at the Sensory Analysis Center, Department of Human Nutrition at Kansas State University.
- For additional information about the program, visit the Department of Human Nutrition website.